- Make a plan for each institution to have an overview of the number of meals to be served per eating (e.g., lunch).
- Plan lunch in more sessions to reduce the number of children per eating session.
- Separate the children in groups and maintain these groups to avoid too much contact between children.
- Organise for hand sanitation at the entrance to the lunch room.
- Ensure a one-way flow of children along the food counter and make sure children keep their distance to each other. Additional staffs (or volunteers) may be needed to guide the flow.
- Whenever possible - serve meals to the tables to minimize a flow of children.
- Place the tables with a secure distance (1 meter) and ask the children to remain seated until the lunch session is over.
- After lunch, ensure staffs clean the table and chairs before the next group enters the lunch room.