- Inform kitchen professionals, using this example, about the new nutritional guidelines via email, leaflets, brochures, cookbooks, etc.
- Contract a competent intermediary with knowledge of public meals and public kitchen routines to produce inspirational material for the kitchen professionals, such as a video.
- Organise a meeting to raise awareness at the municipal level, or, if necessary, several meetings, e.g. one for each municipal kitchen.
- Show the inspirational video or provide presentations, explaining the necessity of the change and the benefits; explain the important role of the kitchen professionals.
- Plan for a questions-and-answers session and encourage discussion among the kitchen professionals and managers in catering services and the municipality.
- Plan to discuss recipes, ingredients, menus, and cooking routines. This procedure allows the kitchen professionals to reflect on their own routines and practices, and about the possibilities for meeting the requirements for change.
- Distribute samples (of the new ingredients or food item) and recipes to the kitchen professionals at the meeting.
- Organise a recurring event or procedure to continuously motivate kitchen professionals to use the inspirational materials, for example sharing a recipe of the month or a newsletter swapping insights among the municipal kitchens.
More Issues To Consider
The tool was derived from municipality-level but the principles of the tool are not limited to municipalities only.